2 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Lucan

Lord Lucan

Wibbly-wobbly

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2018 - 07:55

Hi All, 

I wondered whether anyone knew if the following change being discussed at my work is lawful/allowed under employment law in the UK.

I work for a financial services company which has a group structure....my role has always been part of the Group rather than the sudsidiaries but recently my boss has started saying that my role and others will be moved under one of the newly created subsidiaries....no changes to pay, seniority or anything else have been mentioned. 

My question is; can they just do this and effectively update my contract or do they need to open a formal consultation with me and the others? 

To add context; my role was a newly created one when I joined just over 2 years ago and I am the single point of failure for my area of work....there are others who having a working knowledge but I am very much the lead.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

R.I.P. Harry Bo 1984-2010

I am officially a bumbaclut!

#2 mulletboy2

mulletboy2

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,981 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2018 - 11:26

Legal? Afaik it is, and i've had it done to me. Essentially it's making a role no longer available in one company and creating it in another. If you don't want to move with the job, here's your redundancy package...

"I know that is kind of breaking the laws of Physics, which is what I expect from H.A.T" - Luke Fisher

Hybrid Audio Technologies :: Find us on Facebook

#3 Agi

Agi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 07 Jun 2018 - 11:26

Your contract will be between yourself and x company. If they want you to work for a subsidiary (y), they would need a new contract between Yourself and y...

There may be exceptions to this in your existing contract which allows this nonsense to happen. Depends on how the current contract is worded.

Wide acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity.