• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GTi Si

GTi Si

Old skool

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 05 Jun 2018 - 08:47

Might need to post an eBay item to Aus - is the eBay international shipping option good or should I look to Parcel Force or UPS?

Cheers,

Simon

#2 Mannparry

Mannparry

Forum rent boy.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 05 Jun 2018 - 09:06

Parcel2go 

Dyn's on class A

#3 DEVICES

DEVICES

Legend

• 27,995 posts

Posted 05 Jun 2018 - 12:38

All much of a muchness nowadays. Don't use Royal Mail, as there seems to be an issue in that tracked items simply aren't tracked in Oz. 

Whichever proper courier is the cheapest really - UPS, Fedex, don't use the ones that are super cheap who are a bit rubbish in general.

#4 GTi Si

GTi Si

Old skool

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 05 Jun 2018 - 18:16

Thanks chaps - use Parcel2Go for UK courier so will stick with that :)

simon

#5 Rug Doctor

Rug Doctor

Legend

• 18,554 posts

Posted 05 Jun 2018 - 19:04

Personally I’d use eBays shipping. It’s in their hands if anything goes awry. 

#6 Mannparry

Mannparry

Forum rent boy.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 05 Jun 2018 - 19:58

You can link any tracking no to an eBay order. Parcel2go use the same courier companies at a reduced rate.

Dyn's on class A

#7 DEVICES

DEVICES

Legend

• 27,995 posts

Posted 05 Jun 2018 - 20:05

Ebays Global Shipping Program is one thing that you can opt into - ship your items to a Pitney Bowes warehouse in the midlands somewhere, and they deal with all onward shipping, customs, the lot.

I've always done my own international shipping on Ebay, but I've now finally relented - it's faultless as a seller, it takes longer for the buyers but that's nothing I can control. The moment it's in the hands of Ebay I'm pretty much immune from any feedback issues with regards to delivery times, as Ebay automatically give me 5 stars for using them. :lol:

I'm so glad I'm slowly phasing out the Ebay sales I've done for the last 6 years, it's been an experience :lol:

#8 Danny V

Danny V

NSX lover!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 13 Jun 2018 - 19:34

Ebays Global Shipping Program is one thing that you can opt into - ship your items to a Pitney Bowes warehouse in the midlands somewhere, and they deal with all onward shipping, customs, the lot.

I've always done my own international shipping on Ebay, but I've now finally relented - it's faultless as a seller, it takes longer for the buyers but that's nothing I can control. The moment it's in the hands of Ebay I'm pretty much immune from any feedback issues with regards to delivery times, as Ebay automatically give me 5 stars for using them. :lol:

I'm so glad I'm slowly phasing out the Ebay sales I've done for the last 6 years, it's been an experience :lol:

Are you mainly selling through the website now then?

Stevey Weavey!

#9 DEVICES

DEVICES

Legend

• 27,995 posts

Posted 13 Jun 2018 - 19:43

I'm slowly stopping what I've been doing altogether, I got in at the right time, but with ever tightening margins and ever increasing fees, it's just not worth the effort of retail sales on there.

I'll be sticking to the wholesale stuff I do, so if people need tens/hundreds of thousands of moustache combs, I'll still be available :lol: