Photo

Audi A7 CAN BUS for accessory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rAudiguy

rAudiguy

• 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 20:47

Hi guys, I’m in the process of building my new car 2012 Audi A7. Ive had so many issues along the way. Without boring you all. I’ve not been able to use MOST as my car doesn’t have Bose. Typically I bought without the bose to make my life easier and it’s biten me! So, I’ve bought a Sony GS9 and I’ve fitted it into the glovebox. The issue I now have is an accessory. Obviously the car has CAN so I looked into a slimkey. However, my car isn’t listed and having tried tapping into the can high and low the slimkey works for accessory power. But only when the ignition is on and it loses power when I start the car. So, I decided to run a separate Power feed from the same source as the Helix Psix amp and ground from the same ground. I thin ran a feed from the cigarette lighter to the accessory. The Sony now gets power but I get a pop on power up and down. I have also added an inline switch so I can feed Power from the battery to accessory for when I’m just sat in the car so I don’t have to have the full ignition on. What I want to know is. Has anyone found a better way? Is there an accessory from something I can tap into or can someone suggest something to stop the power on and off pops. Like a stinger SGN21?? 

Many thanks for any help

👍🏻

#2 RichTea

RichTea

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:05

I've got a 2015 Skoda Superb.  I found that when you unlock the car, power goes to the glove box light.  I've taken a feed from the glove box light switch for my line out converter so it turns on before the stereo tries to detect the speakers.  Audis and Skodas share a lot of the same parts, so maybe you can look a that as a trigger.