Euro Car Parts 100% Off Sale - Rant

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Agi

Agi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:42

and there's a 100% chance they wont answer the phone when you call them.

Delivery is too incompetent to find my home address (on a normal road) so I get stuff delivered elsewhere, paid on card.
They decided that because my order is of "high value" (it's less than 60quid.....) I need to pay by paypal. I call them and they raise the invoice and say as soon as I pay the invoice it will be marked as paid and sent out. I paid immediately That was Monday. Four phone calls, all over an hour of holding duration each and no answer.

They've seriously slid down the slope in terms of competency the last year or so.

Wide acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity.

#2 DEVICES

DEVICES

Legend

• 27,988 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 13:01

Probably easiest to order it for collection from a branch then. :D

#3 Agi

Agi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 13:14

Don't start me on that either!
You ever done that and wanted to return something? :chunks:

I admit walking into the store, talking to the guy and ordering the stuff is the best, but it's not the fucking 80's :lol:

Wide acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity.

#4 DEVICES

DEVICES

Legend

• 27,988 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 13:52

I never return anything cos I always buy the correct stuff first time round. :D

I don't use them very often, I find their prices comical, even with whatever made up 30/40/50% discount they offer.

#5 ChrisC

ChrisC

Torch lover

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,681 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 15:24

Who do you use normally Jamie? I tend to only use them if I need something straight away. I prefer carparts4less even though it's the same just cheaper.

[url="http://www.chriscliftonphotography.com"]www.chriscliftonphotography.com[/url]

#6 DEVICES

DEVICES

Legend

• 27,988 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 15:26

Whoopee Motors and Andrew Page.

I do very little car repair work nowadays, it's just too much like effort.

#7 bigrigbri

bigrigbri

Fighting time and losing.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 15:32

Most of their products I feel is repacked crap with decent brand names. Always have had to take stuff back because it failed.
Never had any problems elsewhere even with budget stuff.
Bmw E39 530d,?, Alpine cda-9887r

#8 marko

marko

Team Phoenix Gold.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 15:57

I tend to use GSF when they send me a 60% off offer, paid £5.80 for a CV boot including grease and clips for my New Beetle, can't really grumble at that! I feel sorry for those that walk in off the street and pay full whack, there should be a law against it..

2016 Octavia vRS 230 combi

1988 BMW 635CSI Highline, weekend toy.

2004 Beetle TDi daily hack

#9 heyho

heyho

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 21:25

Last time I used them I bought a complete rear brake setup for my 330d. Ended returning the handbrake shoes as I didn't need them, and when I looked at the paperwork they'd refunded me for the whole lot - for once their incompetency worked in my favour, and I did indeed get a 100% discount!

"There's a naked man, standing laughing in your dreams,

You know who it is...

But you don't like what it means."

#10 Chas is back!

Chas is back!

80s Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:20

I do know what you mean Agi. The returns process isn't too bad however for Click & Collect stuff. GSF in the past have been terrible for me!  I do try to use them less however now; one favourite is DoctorCarParts; their website is nowhere near as intuitive as ECP's but they do sell decent stuff at a decent rate. Unlike Mister-Auto, half of their stock isn't factory seconds with a decent name against it either. The issue for me is the dealers are not far off ECP/GSF prices and in some cases cheaper if you know them.

Speaking of which I'd hate for anyone to have the experience I did with Mister-Auto.

Most of their products I feel is repacked crap with decent brand names. Always have had to take stuff back because it failed.
Never had any problems elsewhere even with budget stuff.

Pagid is now a name they own for the non-performance side, and yes there have been a few stories. I've had Lemforder stuff go iffy on me in the past too on the suspension side of things.

Their share of Q-Drive stuff has gone wrong for me in the past however, even with covering low mileages!

I tend to use GSF when they send me a 60% off offer, paid £5.80 for a CV boot including grease and clips for my New Beetle, can't really grumble at that! I feel sorry for those that walk in off the street and pay full whack, there should be a law against it..

GSF are funny ones however, but not miles away from ECP. I've walked into both and seen a cheaper price for the item on the shelf than what it is online! Their prices also aren't cheap IMHO. For my M3 8 litres of Castrol 10W60 is around £65 from CP4L/ECP with an offer on. GSF even I was a regular couldn't even come down below £45 for their Carlube 10W60 with an offer or without, or being a street punter with discount!

GSF have also on a few occasions have sold me stuff for an OE manufacturer but not always given the 'right' item in the box. That last point I know is not a unique occurance.

I do use a few of the local motor factors however. One of them however are bloody expensive! During a busy time I paid £28 for 5 litres of non-branded OAT coolant; it's cheaper from Mercedes or BMW for the stuff!

Edited by Chas is back!, 03 May 2018 - 05:21.

Money will not make you happy, but at least you will be miserable in comfort. 

http://www.leylandlegends.com/

#11 crisc204

crisc204

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 16:35

carparts4less    euro imprint online ordering fast and no fuss so far

Misterauto.co.uk  again 30 ish orders no errors yet 

Massive infrastructure improvements within ECP recently.   New Skynet style picking robots at T2 the main hub

Monopolies and mergers were looking at ECP for a bit....Old Singh stepped away and when the yanks are left in charge it all goes to pot.

He'll undoubtedly be back.... gives literally zero fucks and would have no trouble having a wonder about to see if jobs were getting done at Wembley hub

if not P45's get handed out

www.911rrr.com

#12 Skeelsie

Skeelsie

shizzle ma hidz ma bean pattern aint that bad bro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:18

Is carparts4less not just ECP in discount drag?

Pricing seems to invert what ECP have, so when ECP have an 'offer' on CP4L will have it full markup and vice versa, thought it was a catch all setup.

Dude...get laid already! lol

#13 Chas is back!

Chas is back!

80s Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 13:43

carparts4less    euro imprint online ordering fast and no fuss so far

Misterauto.co.uk  again 30 ish orders no errors yet 

Monopolies and mergers were looking at ECP for a bit....Old Singh stepped away and when the yanks are left in charge it all goes to pot.

He'll undoubtedly be back.... gives literally zero fucks and would have no trouble having a wonder about to see if jobs were getting done at Wembley hub

if not P45's get handed out

Agreed.

The two times I've used Mister Auto haven't been great.

The first time I got an NTK lambda sensor for my MX-5. It took an age to arrive and it was a NOS item. It seemed to work but it's hard to say.

The second time I got an oil cooler for my M3. An NRF branded item; they normally sell OEM stuff on and with the Porsche alot of people have used them with good results. With me, the oil cooler could have been packaged better (it was loose in the box). On top of that it took over a week to arrive and was defective; it had fin defectives but more worrying a chunk of metal missing out of the pipe. I asked, begged and even offered to pay more for express delivery to get a new item shipped out. Did they listen? Did they bollocks? As soon as my old item went back their M3 oil cooler quantity on eBay strangely went up. It could be a coincidence but I doubt it.

The NRF one is the one with the black chunk. I initially thought it was a mark on the oil cooler; it was as if a bit of metal/stone had fallen off the pipe.

After that I'll never use them again. I've had iffy experiences with GSF in the past but none that have left me carless, and pushed my schedules to the limit. What should have been a 1 week job tops turned into 3 weeks of not having a car and more money to the dealer, who to be fair did get the cooler in the next day and did come down on price.

Money will not make you happy, but at least you will be miserable in comfort. 

http://www.leylandlegends.com/

#14 m@tty

m@tty

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 17:53

Got them and GSF within about a mile of me! Usually use Euro as they always have stock GSF it’s usually next day.  I wait for the 50% sale and buy a full service kit and brake pads all round! Swap them all every 18 months!

Edited by m@tty, 15 May 2018 - 17:55.