• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 markwalker84

markwalker84

(.Y.)

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 13 Apr 2018 - 08:42

No real point to this thread, but seems like a good place to vent about another eBay bell end who's arguing over £1.

I found a wax jacket in the back of the wardrobe that I never wear so figured I'd sell it on eBay.

This was the advert.

https://www.ebay.co....em=292507096283

It sold for £1.

The guy then raised a refund request:

Doesn't fit
Comments: Unfortunately the arms are too short

to which I replied:

Sorry - ad states no returns . Also, it only sold for £1! It cost me a lot more than that to post. Sorry it doesn t fit.

I've since had the following message exchange:

HIM

Hi,

The jacket I purchased from you doesn't fit and it states its a large, but it is a medium in size of body and arm length which is no good to me I would like to return for a refund.

ME

I'm sorry, but as I already said, the advert says I don't accept returns.
The picture shows the label as "L" and I described it as being large on me and that I normally wear a Medium. Which it was. 
Short of getting a tape measure out there wasn't anything more I could do.
The advert is not at all misleading. I tried to be as honest as I could. 

I'm sorry if it doesn't fit you, but it's always a bit of a gamble buying clothes on eBay.
At least it was only £9!

HIM

the jacket is small for a large size it is more like a medium, just because it’s stated large on the label [doesn't] mean it is, also the stitching on one of the pockets is coming away you didn’t mention that the pocket was torn so I would like my money back.

ME

Is this a wind up?

As I've said several times, the advert clearly states that returns are not accepted.
The fact that it doesn't fit is, I'm sorry to say, completely irrelevant.

I now find it quite suspicious that there is suddenly also some damage?! Why did you not mention this straight away?

I also don't appreciate the accusation that I hid this, or didn't mention it deliberately. If this damage was even there when I listed the item then it can't be very bad at all or I would have noticed it and I would have mentioned it.

Here is the only option I'm willing to consider:

1) Send me a photo of the damage.
2) If it is as bad as you say it is, and is something that I should have noticed and mentioned in the advert then I will refund the £1 cost of the jacket as soon as...
3) You return the jacket to me using recorded delivery.

HIM

I’m disgusted at the treatment of me as a customer. I paid you £9.00, I’m aware I would be required for the return postage but would expect a full refund of my money back

* At his point I've raised an issue with eBay telling them what's happened, as I'm pretty sure the twat is going to hit me with a complaint or -ve feedback.

Think I'm sitting quite rightly on my high horse on this one?

This has reminded me why I try and avoid selling on eBay at all costs!

Current build log

http://www.talkaudio...years-exciting/

Started as a £200 budget build in a 206

Pretty sure I've spent half of that just on a boot build now  :win:

#2 Simonh

Simonh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 13 Apr 2018 - 09:03

I always found that the people that pay the least amount of money for something are always the worst people to deal with. Many years ago I sold an action man tank thing for £1 in december, the buyer got really huffy when I wanted to send it next day and refused to pay so I sent it snail mail. it didn't arrive in time for christmas and he wanted a refund on the basis that I had ruined his childs christmas.

I suggested that if he wanted to give his child a good christmas he should perhaps pay a little more than a pound for the presents.

Doing it is not enough - it has to be done right.

#3 m1pui

m1pui

Its only 1.21 Gigawatts..

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 13 Apr 2018 - 09:49

Reminds me of when I sold one of the original eee-pc netbooks (8.9” iirc). Listing had full specs, several pictures of item and also picture of the netbook with the (full size) drivers cd, power brick and manuals next to it. Guy emailed me after receiving it asking for a refund because was smaller than he expected. Told him the the afore mentioned facts and basically to jog on.

Pui

ThatKevinSmith
Fellas, I'll be 40 in August. And as a nearly 40-year old, may I assure you young men of the following: jerking off never loses its luster.

#4 Bibby

Bibby

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,561 posts

Posted 13 Apr 2018 - 11:02

What a dick.

eBay used to be great when it first started, but now it's just filled with a shower of ****s.

#5 DEVICES

DEVICES

Legend

• 27,988 posts

Posted 13 Apr 2018 - 11:52

Yep, he's a prick, but it's handy being on the inside of a certain national delivery company to help try avoid these problems. It'd be a real shame if it never arrived back with you. :D

I used to give away quite a lot of stuff on local facebook sites - it was decent stuff, but not really worth much £-wise. Storage boxes, big stacks of boxes for house moves, etc. I found that the people who would pester me for free stuff were absolute pricks, so I know put a price on everything. If the person is nice when they come to collect they can have it for free. 

You need to check your listing for the 'returns' section - if you don't accept returns, then he's shit out of luck...

Unless he's clever, and knows that you'll be forced to accept the coat back for return AND pay return postage, if he claims the jacket is faulty.

Ebay can actually be quite helpful, but you need to ring them and talk to a human being - if he raises a case, ring them, they'll likely refund him without taking the funds from you - not perfect, as the prick gets his cash back, but you at least don't lose out.

Then I'd probably stalk the fuck out of them, try and find everything I could about them, and start sending them huge amounts of junk mail in the post.

#6 Scrambled_legs

Scrambled_legs

Irregular Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 13 Apr 2018 - 17:49

I suggested that if he wanted to give his child a good christmas he should perhaps pay a little more than a pound for the presents.

:lol: :lol:

'Music Inflames Temperament'

#7 EF MAX

EF MAX

Dr. E

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2018 - 09:43

Recently I sold a phone on eBay - it clearly stated that the screen was cracked and had images to back it up... some guy purchased it and then complained that the screen was cracked... he tried to kick off, so I said send the phone back and I will deal with it - but to be on the safe side I also raised the issue with eBay... within 20mins, eBay told me to keep the money as the guy who had also said that the phone was not working had managed to setup his Google account on it and then refused to deavtivate it so as I could sell the phone on - he ends up losing the phone and his money...

These days on eBay, I have a well worded script and try to be 101% honest with loads of pictures... even before I post I double check that the buyer is certain of everything but when you get headcases like your guy, seriously £1 and he is fussing..madness

Edited by EF MAX, 14 Apr 2018 - 09:44.

Staying In Touch with: Dr. E. Fenty

#8 m1pui

m1pui

Its only 1.21 Gigawatts..

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2018 - 17:41

We sometimes go to the local pub to do the quiz. £1 per team to enter (team, not person) and you get a half time buffet. Sandwiches, pickled onions, chips & curry, etc. There’s a group of about 8 proper knobbers who go every week, always first to the table and always twist on that that something isn’t up to scratch.

Like what do you want for 12p each?

Pui

ThatKevinSmith
Fellas, I'll be 40 in August. And as a nearly 40-year old, may I assure you young men of the following: jerking off never loses its luster.

#9 frostbite

frostbite

Regular Forum User

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 21:38

Ebay itself is good, its when your the buyer and don't receive items you've paid for with in a week.

I get really peeved with some sellers, I have sold on the bay before so know how it works

When you send payment via paypal, the seller get the you've got funds message and the seller should send the item asap

What I have noticed is that they wait for the funds to go into their paypal then they wait for paypal to withdraw to their bank account before they send it 3rd class for extra slowness

Roanapur is an old Thai port in southern Thailand, where the deserters of the Vietnam war took refuge and were joined by the worst villains and criminals of the world.

Prostitutes, drug-addicts, mercenaries, killers and psychopaths of any nationalities compose the population of Roanapur.